Re: [OT] Re:This URL crashes Konqueror.....?

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 04:57:08PM +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:

> Opinion polls suggest that the US public opposes escalation by a margin
> of about 2 to 1. Whether that constitutes "the vast majority" is a
> moot point. As for the majority in Congress, it is indeed slim, but
> weren't only some of the seats up for grabs? In any event, many
> Republicans are also expressing unease, to put it mildly, so I would
> say that the overall majority is pretty convincing.

Just go read on wikipedia [0] to see that it depends on how you ask the
question what amount of "support" there is for one side or the other.
Besides, you will note that many of the poll samples are ridiculously
small.

> True, but that is often the case with political sites, especially
> single-issue ones. Mind you it is also true of more respected
> sites also, such as online newspapers.

I don't have much respect for newspapers as it is.  However, most
newspapers at least state something like "according to such and such
recognized and respected source, this fact is true."  The site doesn't
even come close to that.

Regards,

-Roberto

[0]