Re: [OT] Re:This URL crashes Konqueror.....?

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 09:46:59AM +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:

> A tad unfair. The authors point out that the proposed escalation is
> unpopular, that it will make a bad situation worse, and that the US
> Congress can put a stop to it. Every authoritative opinion I've read on
> the subject supports these points.

Actually, they use the phrase "the vast majority" without any sort of
substantiation.  Not just that, but they refer to the new Democratic
control of the congress as evidence that "the vast majority" wants the
US out of Iraq.  Of course, never mind the fact that the majority was
slim, if not very slim.  The of course, there is the historical trend of
control of congress changing in the sixth year of a two-term president's
tenure.  I understand that dissatisfaction with the direction of the
situation in Iraq is frustrating to many, but they give much more credit
to that reason that should be due it.

They also don't cite any of these authoritative sources.  I'm not saying
that they don't exist, just that they did not cite them.  The entire
site just smacks of hyporbole.

Regards,

-Roberto

--