Re: getting xorg working on an old box .....

Hi all.

}} In a recent post I reported a problem with xorg working on an old Gateway
}} 2000 PC I use.  The problem was that I chose 24 depth and the ATI Mach 64
}} graphics card could not support it.

Probably i'm going to say a stupid thing...
But..i've worked for a lot with old pc with linux, and using xorg (for terminal services purpose).
And i've seen that old video card need only a thing:
xorg VESA driver.

No trident, s3, ati or other.
Try forcing vesa driver to use with your video card in xorg.conf.
Hope it helps you!
Bye