Re: Adding a new HDD - how do I move /var/lib/mysql ?

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:02:02 -0500
hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 10:20:57PM -0800, Marc Shapiro wrote:

Not really. If you make a link (soft or hard) you get one file/dir with
two names and/or locations. Any changes made through the link will be in
fact done to the file/dir itself. If you change one copy of a file/dir
the other copy will not change and the space occupied is (almost)
double.

Regards,
Andrei
P.S.If you knew what symlinks/hardlinks are but just didn't know what
ln does than just ignore the above :)
(Albert Einstein)