Re: modprobe

Gregor Schneider wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with the installation of vsftp.

I'm getting a weird error (500 oops...). When googeling for this
error, I found that a

"modprobe capability" helps to fix this error.

Since I'm quite new to Linux, I'm wondering if there's a possibility
that "capability" gets loaded automatically so that I don't have to
manually call "modprobe capability" after every system-boot.

Could somebody please let me know how this is done or where I could look it up?

I'm running Edge, BTW.

TIA

Greg
I think you should give us more information. You should cite whole error message and it's not clear to me if you have a problem trying to install vsftpd or using installed program. If it's first case, then you are probably trying to install the program with dpkg, and don't have other packages it depends upon. Try using apt-get:

apt-get install vsftpd