Re: gforge problems

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 04:51:40PM +0300, Vladimir Kozlov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just installed etch from scratch, and installed gforge, but during
> the installation I've got following problems:
>
> 1. In /etc/postgresql/7.4/main/postgresql.conf it is necessary to change
>
> #tcpip_socket = false

> tcpip_socket = true
>
> otherwise it is not possible to connect to database using port 5432

If gforge and postgres are running on the same machine, then you should
not need TCP/IP.  You should be able to configure it to use Unix Domain
sockets.  I'm not 100% positive about gforge, but practically every
other web application I have installed/configured on a server has
included that ability.

> 2. There is more interesting error (at least for me) with SSL: while in
> the /etc/gforge/gforge.conf there is
>
> sys_use_ssl=false
>
> nevertheless during gforge-plugin-scmsvn configuration it writes to the
> /etc/gforge/httpd.conf two strings:
>
> SSLCertificateFile
> SSLCertificateKeyFile
>
> without any parameters (as there are no parameters given in
> /etc/gforge/gforge.conf):
>
> sys_sslcrt=
> sys_sslkey=
>
> The problem is that even changing the /etc/gforge/gforge.conf does not
> help - it is overwrited during configuration, so I'm totally lost...
>
> Has anybody an idea how to install gforge in these circumstances?

I don't understand.  Do you want SSL enabled or disabled?

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez