Re: resolv.conf file is written over on reboot.

I read the man page. it gives no hint as to the syntax. I see nothing on the internets about this either. I can only guess maybe this:

domain 123.45.67.8 91.23.456.78
or
dns 123.45.67.8 91.23.456.78

Are either of these correct?

Jhair Tocancipa Triana wrote:
jdaues  writes:

So I installed resolvconf, and then reentered the values for the
network. I rebooted and now resolv.conf is this:

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by
resolvconf(8)
#    DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN

There is no mention of glibc in the resolvconf README file.
What is this telling me?

You need to configure resolvconf.

You should add your DNS entries to the following file:

/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/base

In that way your entries will not change after reboots. See man 8
resolvconf for details.

(Please note resolvconf uses a symbolic link:

/etc$ ls -altr resolv.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 2006-12-14 02:32 resolv.conf ->
                                           /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf

(Don't change the symbolic link.))

HTH,