Re: [OFF-TOPIC] Mailing List Netiquette

Justin Gallardo wrote:
Hey All,
I am preparing a presentation to a group of students on mailing list netiquette(as you may have guessed by the subject), and thought that maybe I could use the busiest mailing list I followed as a good source of information.
Also, if you can think of any other good points to bring up
during this talk, I would love to hear them. The purpose of the talk is to help create better open source community members for the future. So any help now could possibly save you some heartache later :-).

In addition, not replying to spam that goes to the list is generally a good thing, for both the reasons that it tends to add nothing to a discussion, and quoting spam in a semi-legit message does bad things to spam filters.

--Ben