Re: dial up connection

Thanks for all the great suggestions for the dial up connection.  The computer is an old laptop that I'm setting up for my mom (an IBM Thinkpad 770, with MS-DOS and Mom's beloved WordPerfect 5.1 on one partition, and Abiword, with xfce4, on the other partition), with a dial-up connection.  I went with xfce4 because I thought it might be a lighter desktop environment for such an old computer (it works okay on it, though a little slow.)  Anyway, I'm taking notes of the suggestions, and shall try them out this weekend.  Thanks again, folks.

Mark