Re: Php 5 documentation

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 06:40:51PM +0100, Tom wrote:
Isn't PHP's greatest strength its online-ness and user comments? Why
not use it that way, there's plenty of mirrors, and browsers usually
have caching mechanisms. :)

Yes.  However, there are times when it is nice to be able to have a copy
of the documentation on the local machine.  Like when Internet access is
unavailable.

If that's not enough, they offer documentation for offline use at [1].

Personally, I prefer to use the Debian packaged documentation whenever
possible, since it usually more closely matches the version included in
Debian.  If upstream is very active with documentation, like PHP or
PostgreSQL, then they keep the online docs very up to date.  Thus, they
may not exactly match what is installed if you are using the Debian
packages.

Thanks Roberto, that was exactly my point :-)

cheers
	Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)