Re: sarge iptables

> On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 03:59:44AM +0100, Marc wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> my kernel (2.6.18) has hashlimit support for iptables compiled in.
>> Now I try to insert a rule using hashlimit, then the following appears:
>>
>> iptables v1.2.11: Couldn't load match
>> `hashlimit':/lib/iptables/libipt_hashlimit.so: cannot open shared object
>> file: No such file or directory
>>
>> Why is it looking for a module and not using the hashlimit that is
>> already compiled into the kernel... What am I doing wrong?
>>
> It appears that you are either using a backports kernel or rolling your
> own?  Have you updated iptables?  Are you sure that the version of
> iptables in Sarge knows where the hashlimit support is?

You are right, its my very private kernel :-)
Doesn't this older iptables know where to look for its features in newer
kernels then? Maybe I'll just wait for Etch ... ;-)
Or maybe I will compile another kernel, tell it to make hashlimit as a
module and put the .so into /lib/ directly, although that would be kind of
desperate...

Regards,
Marc