Text on printed pages truncated

Whenever I print text, html or pdf files from either Konqueror or Firefox, the text starts so close to the top of each page that the first line either does not get printed, or only part of it is printed. Is there a way to adjust the printing to have the text start say 8-10 mm further down the page?

I did find in various printer preference windows an option to vary printer margins. However changing these margins has no effect. I have looked everywhere I can think of for guidance in solving this problem but could find nothing relevant.

I am using CUPS 1.1.23-10sarge printing through a print server to an HP LaserJet II-P.

				Ken Heard
				Toronto, Canada