Re: firewall problem? was: www.debian.org down?

Alan Ianson wrote:
On Mon January 8 2007 08:57, Paul Scott wrote:
Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 02:33:11AM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble getting to www.debian.org?  I can get to
mirrors to install packages but not to the web site.
works fine in Spokane WA
Can anyone think of what protocol my firewall might be blocking that
might cause this.  I'm looking through logs right now and not finding
anything so far.  I am currently trying both Guarddog and firestarter
(one at a time).  I can ping debian.org and packages.debian.org but not
www.debian.org.  I haven't discovered any other web sites that are blocked.

That's an oddity. Have you tried http://www.us.debian.org/ ?
That works! I also *can't* get to www.debian.org from a Windoze box on this LAN.

I'm checking to see if anyone at my ISP is having trouble.

Thanks,

Paul