Re: Etch stable - when?

On (08/01/07 12:21), Angela Gavazzi wrote:
> Does anybody here know something more new than the informations from the
> debian site?

> July 24th, 2006
> The Debian project confirms December 2006 as the date for the next release of
> its distribution which will be named Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 alias 'etch'. This
> will be the first official release to include the AMD64 architecture. The
> distribution will be released synchronously for 11 architectures in total.
>

> It's Januar 2007 now...

I'm not sure anyone can give you an answer although you'll no doubt get
some opinion from those better informed than I.  Etch is now frozen and
consequently will be released once all the release critical bugs are
fixed.  FWIW I installed a server with etch (i386) yesterday and so far
seems pretty rock solid; as long as the machine isn't exposed to the
internet and your machine isn't mission critical, you may want to
upgrade sooner.

In Debian speak 'it'll be released when it's ready' :)

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...