Re: Root privilege

On 08/01/07, Danesh Daroui wrote:
How can I have root privilege in graphical mode? I can run any command
by using "sudo" but how can I have full privilege in graphical mode?

This is NOT recommended, as some configuration may be unnecessarily
overwritten or modified by the X application, causing trouble.

If you still want to do it, go to a virtual terminal (Ctrl+Alt+F1 or
F2 etc. to F6), login as root, close your display manager
(/etc/init.d/kdm stop, where kdm may be replaced by kdm/gdm/xdm
appropriately). Then, run startx to start X as root.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,
462, Jamuna Hostel,