Re: How to cool my cpu temperature?

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 08:04:08AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> But houses here are either built out of corrugated steel, in which case
> you never put a computer in it, or concrete block + concrete roof, like
> ours. Because it never rains from Oct.-May the sun will heat the
> structure so by the afternoon the ambient temp is about 36C, over 90F
> inside.
>
> Air conditioning is prohibitive in expense.

Hi Hugo,
After geening a snippet of an article on slashdot last year, it said
that solar cells are now 48% efficient. Which in an area like that with
so much sun and costly municipal power rates, it would seem that the
cost of investing in solar cells to power cooling units would be
initially expensive but would be better in the lost term. Although I've
never actually investiaged the cost, I'd be curious what the numbers
would be.
cheers,
Kev
ps. Have you ever met Gunnar Wolf, a DD that in 2006 hosted Debconf
6 as I think he is in your neck of the woods.
| : :' :      The  Universal     |   'under construction'   |