Re: How to cool my cpu temperature?

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 12:34:55PM +0700, surachai locharoen wrote:

> > On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 07:42:03AM +0700, Surachai Locharoen wrote:
> > > I use debian etch on compact presario v4000. I add temperature monitor
> > > to my panel. I see the temperature is hight around 70-80 C and sometime
> > > os is shutdown automatically. The cpu load is low. It run at 100% for
> > > some time interval. When I run window os this problem is gone. My laptop
> > > is cool and quite. Do you know why linux make laptop hot?
> >
> > I hate laptops; things are never simple.
> >
> > Is the cpu fan going under linux?  Does the box sound the same as under
> > doze?

> it has sound "woe woe weo"

Hi Surachi,

FYI we bottom post here so a conversation flows better.

Is woe woe weo what it sounds like under both doze and linux?

Try googling presario v4000 linux fan and see what turns up.  Check out
the kernel docs and see if there's a kernel module missing that runs
your fan.

Check out your bios.  On my desktop box I have the bios control the fans
based on temperature.  It controls the CPU and 4 case fans independantly
based on 4 sensors around the MB (memory, chipset, top of board, rear of
board) plus the CPU temp.  It keeps the CPU at 40 C and the board at
22 C.

Doug.