Re: [OT: of interest only to new Gmail users] Re: test message

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 19:20:08 -0500
"Patrick Wiseman" <pwiseman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 Jan 2007 15:16:56 -0800, wurong <Rodgers.Wu@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I was rejected for my first one so I want to try again
> >

> Unless someone replies to a gmail email, it doesn't show up in your
> inbox. Perhaps that's why you thought your message was "rejected"?
>
> Patrick

I think this gmail quirk should go to Raju's FAQ:

Q: I posted from my gmail account, but I don't receive my own posts.
But I receive other posts and even answers to my own posts.

A: gmail will discard your own posts because they consider them to be a
duplicate of the sent message (which is stored in the sent folder). The
only way around this (if you still want to receive your mail through
gmail) is to use a different server for sending, ex. your own ISP's
smarthost. Just take care when configuring your mail client so that the
correct address appears.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)