Re: Creative Live! Cam Video IM Pro on linux

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 16:02:00 -0800
Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 06:48:36PM -0500, Celejar wrote:
> > On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:09:37 +0000
> > ArameFarpado <a-farpado.spam@netcabo.pt> wrote:

> > > http://mxhaard.free.fr/download.html
> >
> > I tried both spca5xx and gspca from the official repo. Both loaded fine but neither picked up the camera, which I assume means that it (they) is the wrong driver. The camera model is also not listed here [0]. Do you know for a fact that gspca works for this model? Will the source tarball from your link be any more effective?
>
> FWIW, I recently downloaded and installed the tarball and its
> definitely got support for more cameras. To make installing easy, I
> downloaded gspca-source from debian and unpacked it. Then I replaced
> copied over from the upstream tarball every file that matched the
> debian source. Finally, I used module-assistant to build and install
> it. this was easy, worked just fine and I see no issues.
>
> hth

Thanks - I tried your suggestion but couldn't get it to work properly;
I must have been doing something wrong. I bit the bullet and installed
the kernel sources and built the module straight from the source
tarball, which worked fine, but I still don't see a message that the
driver is picking up the camera (and no /dev/video* devices). I guess
this means I'm out of luck?

Celejar

--
ssuds.sourceforge.net - Home of Ssuds and Ssudg, a Simple Sudoku Solver
and Generator