Re: Etch becoming slower than Sarge?

On Sunday 07 January 2007 02:13, David Hart wrote:

** msg snipped **
Thanks for the explanation on memory management David.

> > Besides being memory hungry, KDE applications spit out all sorts of
> > errors both on the konsole terminal and in .xsession-errors. Wonder if
> > etch has been tested as much as it should be...
>
> Are you sure they're not warnings rather than errors?

Sorry! They are warnings and not errors. Neverthless they are very irritating.
For example, these numerous warnings in .xsession-erors makes it difficult to
look for more serious errors etc.,

This kind of problem used to be there (dont know if it still exists) with
gconf2 where it spews all sorts of messages in log files. After some time, I
got fed up with it and just purged that package...

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

Debt Consolidation Quote Instantly
Free Debt Consolidation or Debt settlement Quote Online. No...
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/MhtYWUi3AGWY2VhdBYOfNRciFVViitpGf8KjT/