Re: booting debian on powerpc

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 06:52:30PM -0500, Marty Landman wrote:

> Also if it is possible to start the installation over my network
> connection - have other debian boxes I could ssh to from that box -
> maybe that would be the easiest - or is it not that simple?

That is how I prefer to my installs.  The method is called netboot and
requires a tftp and dhcp server that can serve up the netboot files.
However, I wonder if a machine as old as yours can boot from the network
card.  The LTSP project has lots of info in their wiki about getting old
machines to boot from the network.

Regards,

-Roberto

--