problem with dhcp and a special feedback...

hello,

with debian (i tried the latest net-install) - but also with a lot of other distros - i have a special problem: i can't get a dhcp-connection.
only with zenwalk there is (latest version 4) not the slightest problem.

i asked - very generally - them, what the differences could be that made the differences.
i got the following answers (copy of mail, my question is at the end):

begin citation:
Debian uses dhclient by default where Zenwalk (and Slack) use dhcpcd.
They seem to handle the dhcp protocol in a slightly different way (seems
there's yet another client - dhcdbd - out there needed for the Gnome
Network Manager that does it his way too).

Op donderdag 04-01-2007 om 00:57 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef
Jean-Philippe Guillemin: