Re: mounting the minimum

Rob Sims wrote:
On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 01:11:20AM +0200, gustavo halperin wrote:
Hello

I have some kernel-modules questions:
After the linux SO was started, can I check which modules of "/etc/modules" was successfully mounted and aren't in use? Second, if I know the modules that aren't in use, Is OK if I remove them from "/etc/modules" and mount them after the boot time using some script or manually as root ?

Just try rmmod modname; it won't remove modules in use.  It's OK to
manually load modules later, but why would you want to?
Just in order to reduce the boot time of the system.

Last question: there are any way to have a "/etc/modules" file corresponding to each kernel and her modules ?

Looking at /etc/init.d/module-init-tools:
KVER=$(uname -r)
KMAJ=${KVER%${KVER#*.*[^.]}}
KMAJ=${KMAJ%.}

if [ -e /etc/modules-$KVER ]; then