Re: Is it possible to use an usb hub in debian?

On 1/3/07, Russell L. Harris <rlharris@oplink.net> wrote:
* Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> [070103 14:14]:
> kawanokami wrote:
>
> > Hi, I want to buy an 7 Port USB2 Powered Hub HU-5770 (I've a laptop and
> > need the added usb ports). Currently, I'm using debian testing/unstable
> > on a 2.6.18 kernel and found no info about drivers or linux support on
> > the Trust site. Is it a safe purchase or am I going to face problems?
>
> If you have USB, you can use a hub.  In fact, all USB controllers have a hub
> built in, even.

But some USB hubs are problematic.  I have two by Belkin; one (which
resembles a rectangular donut) works perfectly; the other is not
dependable.  Use Google to look for reports on the model you plan to
purchase.

RLH