Re: Annoying beep!

Chris wrote:
Hello,

I'm have a testing/unstable system and am using KDE. The system beeps from the PC speaker fairly regularly, although I haven't figured out if it occurs at a regular interval. I've turned off all sounds in system-notifications in the Control center, and I know it is the PC speaker because I have turned off the external ones.

This beep is annoying but I can't figure out what is causing it, it is similar to the error beep in Konsole.

Here is a list of the processes that are running, maybe that helps. The beeping seems to have started a few weeks ago. The system never did it before

<snip>

That got covered a while ago here.
I think it is as much as rmmod pcspkr

Hugo