Re: Is it possible to use an usb hub in debian?

On 3 Jan 2007 05:46:15 -0800, kawanokami <physis77@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I want to buy an 7 Port USB2 Powered Hub HU-5770 (I've a laptop and
need the added usb ports). Currently, I'm using debian testing/unstable
on a 2.6.18 kernel and found no info about drivers or linux support on
the Trust site. Is it a safe purchase or am I going to face problems?
Thank you for your support,

I have a powered 4-port hub (I don't remember the model), and I
haven't had any problems with it.  I believe the hubs rely exclusively
on features of the USB standard, so as long as you have working USB on
your laptop, you should be fine.

Michael A. Marsh