Re: Possible/reasonable to switch from unstable to etch at this point and track etch/stable going forward?

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 16:49:16 -0800
RParr <RParr@TemporalArts.COM> wrote:

> I have sid/unstable installed at the moment.
>
> I would like to change this to etch, and stick with etch/stable for
> awhile.
>
> What, if any, differences are there between etch, unstable, and sid
> at the moment (as Debian gears up for the next stable release)?
>
> Is it possible / reasonable to change my sources.list entries from
> sid and/or unstable to etch at this point?
>
> Thanks
> R.Parr, RHCE, Temporal Arts

Because etch is now frozen, most packages in sid will never make it
into etch. A few months ago you could have changed your sources.list to
point to etch and allowed the repository to "catch up" with you, but
I'm afraid it is too late now.

As pointed out elsewhere, downgrading is not supported. If you want
etch, I would start with a new install.

--

Liam