Re: cli for iso files

> > Hello.  I'm looking for a command line iso cd-burner application to
> > use instead of nautilus-cd-burner.  I tried the package burn, but it
> > does not work.

> What does not work? Maybe I can help. I am using it, too, and have
> looked at the (quite ugly) source a few times.

First, thanks to everyone for the replies.  I decided to go with brasero, which allows me to use Thunar, instead of Nautilus; so, that'll save on the system's resources.

As for burn, initially, when I attempted to burn an iso to disk, it stated that I was
not root, asking if I wished to proceed.  I have tried this program as
both root, and a regular user, and get the same errors.  Below, find a
transcript of the error I received:
It gave me the following printout of an error when I tried using it to
burn an iso image to disk:

Iso-CD...

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/burn", line 1164, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/burn", line 903, in main
    if exists(options.iso_name):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/posixpath.py", line 171, in exists
    st = os.stat(path)
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

Note, I did put in a bug report for this.

To digress for a minute, does anyone else find that filing bugs is a tad tricky with Debian?  Bug-buddy was not very buddy-like, and the maze on the internet is hardly straight forward.  After a few attempts, I finally found, and got the reportbug program to work (admittedly, I spent half my bug report on burn ranting about the process for filing bugs, which I now kinda feel bad about, since the rant was not on the proper topic).

Mark