Re: bridging eth1 to eth0

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> wrote:
On 12/31/06, Kevin Ross wrote:
> You got it half right. Turning on ip_forward on the server is only one
> piece. The other piece is to set the client's default gateway to point to
> your server, which is You can set this via DHCP options, since
> you have a DHCP server.

well, that I had done, in /etc/dhcpd.conf. I htin the issue probably
had to do with routing & could have been fixed with iptables, b ut the
various internet sources I had pointed me in directions that led
nowhere. ANyway I fixed my immediate need by modifying pxeboot files
so I could do thi initial install without the internet; then went
back and upgraded after that. So all's well, but I wish I'd figured
it out. thanks to everyone,

> -- Kevin

Hello I hope this helps

You can ignore the part of patch the kernel,
ebtables and firewall if
you only want to route the traffic.

Kind Regards

Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)

Do You Yahoo!?