Re: about a possibly-outdated apt-rdepends README

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 02:03:15PM +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is from apt-rdepends README which is so old that I wonder if it's
> still valid:
>
> 	There are some things that apt-rdepends cannot do.  It does not
> yet know how to look at source dependencies, but this should be fixed
> once libapt-pkg-perl exposes the correct interface.  For now, you should
> use grep-dctrl on the /var/lib/apt/lists/*Sources files to deal with
> this.
>
> 	Happy hacking.
>
> -- Simon Law  <sfllaw@debian.org>  18 Aug 2002 09:13:10 -0400

Hi T,
you can try to use apt-rdepends to see if it has the features (maybe
read the man page or use -h), use grep-dctrl as he said, email simon (as
he is an active DD the last I looked) or ask on #debian-devel or check
the source to read it for yourself to get the answer. If after this, the
readme is false, write a bug report and if possible send a patch. This
is what I would say is S.O.P.
But you knew that already :-)
Cheers,
Kev
| : :' :      The  Universal     |   'under construction'   |