Re: Samsung SH-S183A DVD-burner support?

Andreas Rönnquist wrote:
Hi!
I am considering getting an (internal) DVD-burner, Samsung SH-S183A, Internal SATA connected.
Does anyone have any experience of it? Will it work on Etch with default kernel?
I will use it on a MSI motherboard,

MSI K9N NEO-F, nForce 550, SATAII

My guess is that it will work fine, but I thougt - Best to ask!

/Andreas Rönnquist
andreas.ronnquist@gmail.com

I can't find that particular model, but I just installed a DVD BURN LITEON|SHW-160P6S-04, and that plugged right in.

I tend to check the reviews for an item and see whether anybody comments on Linux, they did for this particular brand.

Hugo