Re: CUPS - application software cant find CUPS

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 06:29:33PM +0000, Gary Roach wrote:

HP 940C fine. Not one single piece of application software on the Debian box can find CUPS.

Do you have the cups-bsd package installed on your Debian box?

Regards,

-Roberto

Thanks for the reply.

Good question. I did a locate on cupsys-dsd. The return showed the package dpkg files an archive entry and the usual doc entry but no indication that the program, it self, was installed. Shouldnt there be something in the /etc or /etc/rcX files. I did an apt-get reinstall but it didn't change anything. Where should the actual program reside? I don't think it is installing. Any guesses as to why?

Thank again and Happy New Year.

GLR