Re: dpkg-buildpackage, debian etch, beryl

Adam Porter wrote:
Magnus Pedersen wrote:

I'm building from the 0.14 release tarballs and this is my buildcommand
and path:

magnus@Pedersen-dell:~/Desktop/beryl/build/beryl-core-0.1.4$
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

The final error looks like this:

/home/magnus/Desktop/beryl/build/beryl-core-0.1.4/libberylsettings/main.c:933:
undefined refer      ence to `g_key_file_free'
.libs/display_options.o: In function `compDisplayInitOptions':
../src/display_options.c:268: undefined reference to `XStringToKeysym'
../src/display_options.c:285: undefined reference to `XStringToKeysym'
../src/display_options.c:302: undefined reference to `XStringToKeysym'
../src/display_options.c:334: undefined reference to `XStringToKeysym'
../src/display_options.c:351: undefined reference to `XStringToKeysym'
.libs/display_options.o:../src/display_options.c:399: more undefined
references to `XStringToK      eysym' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libberylsettings.la] Error 1

I'm far from an expert on this, but have you installed the beryl-dev
package?  I think it gets built before libberylsettings.  I don't fully (or
even slightly) understand the Beryl build process, but I've seen similar
problems that were solved by going ahead and installing beryl-core, and
perhaps beryl-dev.  Are you sure that the entire build finishes without
errors when you just run make?

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to run SVN, but perhaps I should give it a
try...

Well, I have to say, the SVN Makefile makes building and installing dead
simple.  In fact, I bet the Makefile holds the answers to this problem...

If you really can't figure it out, try the Beryl forums, IRC channel, or bug
tracker.  The devs are quite helpful.

Ok, I'll take a look at these options, thank you :-)

/Magnus