Re: what's the killer app for GNU/Linux systems?

On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 01:00:04PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 12/10/06 12:41, Nate Duehr wrote:
> > Roll through any stop signs without coming to a full and complete stop
> > in your car lately?  You broke the law.  Anyone see it (or care)?
> >
> > Just like everything in life, the stakes may be high or low.  If you did
> > it in an empty intersection at 2AM... that's a different level of risk
> > than doing it in plain view of a peace officer in rush-hour traffic.

> No wonder civilized society is crashing down around our necks.

Civilization is doomed because people are intelligently adapting to the
situation around them rather than relying on blind obedience to
authority?  I suspect your definition of "civilization" may be somewhat
different than mine if that's what you mean.

(For the record, though, I'm a stickler about stop signs.  And full
stops before making a right turn on red, to the frequent annoyance of
people behind me.  Speed limits, on the other hand...)

--
I would rather be exposed to the inconvenience attending too much Liberty
than those attending too small degree of it.