Re: what's the killer app for GNU/Linux systems?

Nate writes:
> I have no beef with automatic Copyright, I just claim it's useless.  Can
> you find any case law where automatic Copyright has been invoked?

Every case filed in the US under current copyright law.  Automatic
copyright is the only kind there is.

> Try releasing something into public and then trying to regain your
> Copyright in a couple of years if it gets wildly popular just because you
> changed your mind.

If you explicitly release it into the public domain you have licensed it.
If you "release" it with no license at all it will never become popular
because no one will distribute it.
--
John Hasler