Re: Newbie trying to install FrostWire.

On 12/2/06, Brian Durant <interlists@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know if it is the time of the night here or whether it's
because I am a newbie, but I can't seem to sort this out in my head. I
thought I should write this before I do some damage, as it usually
pays to prevent problems before they happen :-)

I would like to install FrostWire http://www.frostwire.com/ which
relies on Sun Java. I googled and ended up with this HowTo that is
quite recent: http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/444

You don't have to do that anymore. Just add non-free to /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://debian.oregonstate.edu/debian/ testing non-free

(with your mirror and version)

then update your package list and look for the sun-java packages.

Cheers,
Kelly