Re: what's the killer app for GNU/Linux systems?

* Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> [2006 Dec 01 20:50 -0600]:

> So, why did your hardware go flaky?

Good question.  I don't know, but when second level support learned it
was an "Airspan" unit, she said it needed to be escalated since that
model is not longer used by my local WISP.  Perhaps lightning in the
past, perhaps something else.  The indoor unit seems to be a PoE
injector and RJ45 jack.  The rest is outside.  It's the WISP's
hardware, so I'm not too worried about it, just hoping they'll get
around to it before Christmas.  :-D

Things have been flakey with it for several months as it seems to
transfer in bursts.  It can't seem to maintain a steady data rate.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"