Re: evolution+spamassassin don't detect spam (Etch)

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 04:55 -0800, JP wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have recently started to use evolution as my mail client. However, I
> can't figure out how to make it work with spamassassin to detect the
> tons of junk mail I get every day. I have come across several posts to
> ubuntu/debian/gentoo... mailing lists describing different settings to
> make it work but none of them has worked for me so far. I have
> installed spamassassin and enbled it in /etc/defaults/spamassassin,
> checked the spamassassin plugin and spam detection options within
> evolution, and created a junkmail testing filter. The status bar says
> that it is learning to detect spam, but it actually doesn't work.
>
> Ch

which version of Evolution (etc)?
you don't need to set up any testing filter with recent versions of
Evolution IIRC. have you set up all the relevant options in the
preferences for the relevant accounts? do you have spamd/spamc running?
have you trained spamassassin?