Re: laptop display (CORRECTION!)

Mark Grieveson(dg135@torfree.net) is reported to have said:
> Mark Grieveson wrote:
> >>
> >>If you put vga=0x305 in your grub/lilo setup you can get 1024x768 in
> >>kernel-inage-2.6.8.
> >>ie: in Grub
> >>kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8y root=/dev/hda1 vga=0x305 ro
> >>
> >> :-)  HTH, YMMV, HAND  :-)
> >>Wayne
> >Hi Wayne.  Thanks for your feedback.  I'll try that.  I'm using Etch;
> >so, I think the image is now 2.6.17.
> >Mark
> >
> I tried this, but it did not work.  It changed the initial text that is
> displayed as Linux is loading,
 Which is what I thought you had asked about in the initial query and
thats what it is supposed to do.  Give you a full screen display
'on the console'

> but the xserver of Etch overrode this
> setting, and returned the display to 800x640, with this displayed as a
> smaller space within the entire screen (not using the full screen).

Because you must not have the below in your XF86Congig-4/xorg.conf.

I also posted the information for X but you never responded.  Here it
is again.

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Generic Monitor"
        HorizSync       31.5-57.0
        VertRefresh     50-90
        Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "Trident Microsystems Cyber 9397"
        Monitor         "Generic Monitor"
        DefaultDepth    16

        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           16
                Modes           "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection

WT

--
The problem with program verifiers is that they tend to cheat at toy
problems in order to get results.