Re: Etch/Cupsys/Gutenprint - failure to communicate

Osamu Aoki wrote:
On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 03:31:37PM -0400, Matthew Krauss wrote:
Hi,

On a clean new Etch install, I can't seem to see any Gutenprint printer drivers (ie. the Canon iP4000) from any Cupsys printer setup tool (ie. gnome-cups-manager, http://localhost:631). I have cupsys, cupsys-driver-gutenprint, and foomatic-db-gutenprint installed. Plenty of printer drivers show up, but none of them seem to be Gutenprint drivers. I have also tried upgrading to the cupsys in Sid. I have googled endlessly.

I just filed a bug report now.  I see the same problem.
Thank you.
Install foomatic-gui and all foomatic related data and gutenprint things, you can set up OK.
I would rather not do this, since I have read that using Foomatic instead of Cups is perhaps unreliable. Also, Florian Kulzer gave me a solution that works for now, and I can now happily wait to see what happens with the bug you filed. Of course, if anyone working on this needs extra information from me I'll be happy to oblige.

Thanks much for verifying that I am not crazy :) and for filing the bug report.

Regards,
Matthew