Re: Etch/Cupsys/Gutenprint - failure to communicate

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 03:31:37PM -0400, Matthew Krauss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On a clean new Etch install, I can't seem to see any Gutenprint printer
> drivers (ie. the Canon iP4000) from any Cupsys printer setup tool (ie.
> gnome-cups-manager, http://localhost:631).  I have cupsys,
> cupsys-driver-gutenprint, and foomatic-db-gutenprint installed.  Plenty
> of printer drivers show up, but none of them seem to be Gutenprint
> drivers.  I have also tried upgrading to the cupsys in Sid.  I have
> googled endlessly.

I just filed a bug report now.  I see the same problem.

Install foomatic-gui and all foomatic related data and gutenprint things,
you can set up OK.

Use aptitude and use slash (/) to search packages with foomatic and
gutenprint, if you are not sure about what to install :-)

Osamu