Re: Etch/Cupsys/Gutenprint - failure to communicate

George Borisov wrote:
Matthew Krauss wrote:
Anyone?

(..crickets chirping..)

If all else fails, get hold of the PPD file and copy it into the
"/usr/share/cups/drivers" folder. That should ensure that Cups
can see it.
Thanks, I tried that, but it still does not show up.

Is there any more information I can provide?

Does anybody know if this should be reported as a bug? (Again, this is a clean Etch install, and *all* Gutenprint drivers are inaccessible, which I think would effect a lot of people.)

I would like to solve this problem, not just for myself (I have a reasonable workaround as mentioned earlier) but for others -- I just don't know how to proceed now.

Thanks,
Matthew