Re: udev

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:17:27 +0000
Adam Hardy <adam.ant@cyberspaceroad.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I pinned udev to version 0.079.1 a while back after suffering some serious
> hassle with it when etch was testing.
>
> I'm still on etch - and synaptic claims that this is still the latest version
> available. Must be wrong, surely?

Not sure what happens if you manually pinned the file, but if you used
the option in the synaptic menu then I don't think it will show newer
versions of the package.

Similarly (as an example) if you have sources for testing and unstable
and set testing as the default distribution in the preferences,
synaptic would only show newer packages that are part of testing.

If you right click on the package and select properties on the context
menu, the resulting window has a versions tab that shows you what
versions are available.

Also if you go into the preferences and select the option to show the
package details in the main window, then you get options in the main
window for viewing these details.

Later, Seeker