Re: Can Sylpheed access MS-Exchange

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 01:42:05PM +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 12:53:31 +0200
> "Tshepang Lekhonkhobe" <tshepang@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 11/2/06, Liam O'Toole <liam.p.otoole@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > If you've been using Evolution to access an Exchange server, then
> > > Outlook Web Access is enabled on the server, in which case you can
> > > use a web browser for the same purpose.
> >
> > How do access it with the web browser?
> >

> Depends on how your friendly sysadmin set it up. Try connecting to
> http://$server_name/exchange and https://$server_name/exchange. If you
> have already used Evolution with OWA then the URL will be in your
> configuration somewhere.
>
> --

Hi Liam,
What you said seems to confirm my suspision about how exchange connector
works: act like a web browser that uses the OWA url as a means to
interact with exchange. So, at least in theory, with access to the
source code and enough motivation, this code should be able to be
generalized to allow any MUA with means to use a plugin to access
exchange through OWA.
cheers,
Kev
evolution->exchange connector->OWA->exchange->email
MUA->MUA-compatible version of exchange connector->OWA->exchange->email