Re: flavours of LaTeX

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 18:15:59 +0000, michael wrote:

[...]

> It was more that even running 'latex' the graphicsx won't accept eps
> files (whereas the older 'latex' (linked to etex on that box) does).
> Ta,M

Do you specify the name of the eps file with or without the extension
".eps"? Newer versions of graphicx append the extension themselves
because they can switch between importing an eps and importing a pdf;
this depends on whether latex or pdflatex was called. The log file will
tell you what names were tried when looking for the graphics file(s).

(I am not sure if I have now understood you question correctly.)

--
Regards,
          Florian