Re: Any source for Woody security updates

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 10:45:41PM -0500, Scott Gifford wrote:

> I have several Debian Woody systems that, for various reasons, are
> inconvenient to update.  I somehow misread Debian's support policy,
> and though I had another year before support ended, but now I'm
> finding that these systems are getting out-of-date and security
> updates are no longer available.

  Updates were finished around June from the official announcment:

    http://www.debian.org/News/2006/20060601

> Fedora solves this problem with the unoffical "Fedora Legacy" project;
> when official support ends, I change my update configuration to use
> the "Fedora Legacy" update servers, and get another few years of
> security updates.

  I'm not currently aware of anybody working on Woody updates, although
 I'm sure there could be people making personal updates it is a very
 difficult job.

> Any other ideas, or do I just have to drive out and do
> the upgrades?

  Upgrading would be the best solution, unless you have a very complex
 setup which you fear will break.  As time goes on that will only get
 harder I guess.

Steve