Re: flashplugin-nonfree: Flash Player 9 beta

Jochen Schulz wrote:

Marc Shapiro:
Marc Shapiro wrote:
Jochen Schulz wrote:

But, once it does get into Sid, or whatever testing will be, then it is almost certain to get backported so that those of us that prefer a 'stable' machine can get to all the sites that want 'the most current version of Flash' which seems to include sites like nickjr.com and noggin.com. Both of these worked until recently, but now I am having problems with them, and my daughter (almost 6 years old) really likes the games.

Ooops! I missed that you were suggesting that Etch would not make the December release, and were not referring to Flash Player 9.

I did refer to FP9, I only mentioned FP8 because I have never seen a
site telling my I need FP9, but there are a couple that reject browsers
with at least FP8.

But what I actually wanted to say: FP is closed-source. I do not think
that there is a way to backport it.
Right! My brain slipped. But if the installer is there for Flash Player 9, then where is the actual binary. I just looked on the adobe site, again, and when I go to download Flash Player all it offers me is 7.0.68.0, which is the same version that I have had installed for what seems like forever.

--
Marc Shapiro

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
What?! Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here.
Boom. Sooner or later ... boom!

- Susan Ivanova: B5 - Grail