Re: flashplugin-nonfree: Flash Player 9 beta

Marc Shapiro:
> Marc Shapiro wrote:
>> Jochen Schulz wrote:
>>
>> But, once it does get into Sid, or whatever testing will be, then it
>> is almost certain to get backported so that those of us that prefer a
>> 'stable' machine can get to all the sites that want 'the most current
>> version of Flash' which seems to include sites like nickjr.com and
>> noggin.com.  Both of these worked until recently, but now I am having
>> problems with them, and my daughter (almost 6 years old) really likes
>> the games.
>>
> Ooops!  I missed that you were suggesting that Etch would not make the
> December release, and were not referring to Flash Player 9.

I did refer to FP9, I only mentioned FP8 because I have never seen a
site telling my I need FP9, but there are a couple that reject browsers
with at least FP8.

But what I actually wanted to say: FP is closed-source. I do not think
that there is a way to backport it.

J.
--
I am worried that my dreams pale in comparison beside TV docu-soaps.
[Agree]   [Disagree]