Re: [Way OT] Re: Not a query, but an observation.

s. keeling wrote:

Marty <martyb@ix.netcom.com>:
Paul E Condon wrote:
On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 11:13:59AM -0500, Kent West wrote:
[schnip]
Kent, there is a nice sociology/anthropology term for your attitude
toward Microsoft; for you (and me), Microsoft is 'ritually unclean',
like pork to Muslims and Jews ;-).
I prefer the legal term: criminal.

I like both characterizations, though the former is an insult to pigs.

Microsoft can't even make the traditional view of pigs (actually a
conspicuously clean animal) look worse than itself.  It (Microsoft)
doesn't fly here (much like pigs).
I like the idea. Microsoft is 'lo kasher' (non kosher). BTW there are many things, other than pigs, which are not kosher, but that would be getting even farther off topic.

--
Marc Shapiro

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
What?! Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here.
Boom. Sooner or later ... boom!

- Susan Ivanova: B5 - Grail