RE: Making a Debian Bootable USB Pen Drive

Nuno:
"Don't! Nothing should be installed on a flash drive. A traditional
install was meant for hard drives, not flash drives. Browser cache,
/tmp, syslog and so on will damage the device."

Andrew:
" I assume you
are trying to avoid the damage caused by longterm heavy writing which
"wears out" flash memory, right? "

Me:
Is the heavy writing that Andrew mentioned the only thing that would ruin
it, or are there other concerns?
And also, has anyone ever had a usb flash drive actually wear out?  I'm
somewhat skeptical that having your OS entirely on a flash-drive would
really ruin it.  Of course, I've never tried it.  But I don't think I've
ever heard anyone mention that their flash drive died on them.

Thanks,
- GM